Google Reverse Image Search as its name implies, is simply searching by using images instead of keywords. It is when you upload a picture from your desktop, tablet or mobile phone and Google will show all the other websites that have similar pages on the internet.
The Google Reverse Image Search is useful for verifying the source of images, screenshots and even memes.
Google image reverse search is one of the most under-rated tools ever created by the company despite the fact that people take millions of photos a day on their devices which they should be able to look up for more related pictures.
See Also: Best Google Gravity Tricks 2017
You couldn’t do a Google image reverse search on mobiles that is, the Google search mobile; but could only use it on your PC or laptop. However, you can now find ways to use the Google image reverse search for all types of devices.
Even though most people haven’t had a reason to use the reverse google image search, many others who have had encounters with it finds it very valuable especially the Google image search mobile capacity.
Using reverse image search Google, Google images quickly help you to discover related images from around the web.
See Also: Google Account Recovery
Most journalists use this reverse image search Google to find the original source of an image and also to discover what date the picture was first published online. Also, most photographers who want to know about other websites using their images can use the Google search by images to find them.
How to use the reverse Google image search on Laptop or PC
To use theGoogle reverse image search on your PC or laptop is very straight forward, follow the steps below.
1. Open your browser and type images.google.com
2. Click on the camera icon that is usually on the right hand side of the search box.
3. Choose or upload the picture you want to search and that is it.
Also, you can use the reverse google image search on laptop or PC by right clicking on the image on any website (as far as it is open with the Google Chrome browser) and choose the search Google for image option.
See Also: Complete Google Logo History From 1997
How to use the reverse Google image search on Android or iPhone
As valuable as this is, you could only use it on your PC or laptop before; which means if you get a picture sent to you via your social apps like WhatsApp, BBM; you will first need to transfer the photograph to a desktop in order to Google search by image which is a lot of work. However, you can now use the reverse Google image search mobile.
To use the Google search by image on your mobile web app:
1. Go to ctrlq.org/google/images.
2. Tap on the select button images
3. Then you will have 3 options:
- Take a photo using camera
- Potentially useful for landmarks or buildings
- Choose an Image from your camera roll or documents.
4. Most of the time you already have the picture stored on your phone; so, you will choose the 3rd
5. Once you select it, the image will be uploaded and it will appear as a thumbnail below the “select image” button.
6. Lastly, on the Google image search mobile, click on the reverse search button or simply run the reverse image search Google ;just as you will on your laptop or PC.
Never worry about the source of an image again, nor the date at which the image was posted. Also, you can find out which websites have you images either on your mobile or via your laptop or PC.