How often have you tried to log onto the internet through Google chrome and been greeted with a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_ NO_INTERNET? It can be very frustrating when you are trying hard to meet a deadline and your internet or computer or both keep on crashing. Chances are that you may be reading this exposition on how to fix ‘ dns probe finished no internet error’ because you have encountered such a problem and need to fix it as soon as possible.
Various reasons on how dns_probe_finished_no_internet error occurs exist. When you open Google Chrome, you may see ‘this webpage is not available’ or ‘dns probe finished no internet’ on the front interface. This error is because of bad internet connectivity or firewall settings. If internet connection is the culprit, then the error occurred because of dysfunctional internet. In the case of firewall settings, the error may have resulted due to a network connection problem.
A whole range of different solutions exists for DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET errors.
Solution No 1: To Fix DNS probe finished no internet
First on the list of solutions for a dns probe finished no internet error is to check whether it is an internet connectivity issue, just a DNS issue or poor firewall settings. A DNS issue can simply be fixed by changing the settings to open DNS from automatically acquired DNS servers. The steps are as follows:
1. Open Network and Sharing Center by right clicking on the network icon in your Windows task bar.
2. Locate and click on ‘Local Area Connection’ > Pick ‘Properties’ in the new window that opens.
3. Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4’ > Click on ‘Properties again.
4. Choose ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ > fix in 220.127.116.11 for the preferred DNS server box > type 18.104.22.168 for the alternate DNS server side.
5. Pick ‘Validate settings upon exit’ box > click OK > Exit
Solution No 2: To Fix DNS probe finished no internet
The Command Prompt is the next viable option to fix a dns probe finished no internet error by using a regular command line.
1. Put ‘cmd’ in the windows search bar (to open windows command prompt) or use shortcut “Windows +R” and cmd > enter to open the command prompt.
2. copy and paste or put in ‘netsh winsock’ reset.
3. Hit the enter key > Put computer off and on.
Or you can also use the following commands.
netsh int ip set dns
Solution No 3: To Fix DNS probe finished no internet
The third solution to fix a dns probe finished no internet error is to Delete the Cache memory and Reinstall your browser.
1. Click on Customize and control button in the top right corner > Choose settings.
2. Click on Show Advanced Settings> next Choose Clear Browsing Data under the privacy section.
3. From the new window that appears choose the Cookies and Other sites Plug-in Data > then select Cached Images and Files.
4. Click Clear Browsing Data to erase.
More Solutions To Fix DNS probe finished no internet
In order to fix “DNS probe finished no internet” you can use these methods i.e.
Solution 4) Reboot Your Router: And for that you need to login in the setting of your router and once you logged in. go to the System Tools area and then the REBOOT option.
Solution 5) Uninstall the Filtering Software: if you are using any kind of Website Filtering Software then uninstall it and check, by doing so it can also solve the “DNS probe finished no internet” problem
Solution 6) Security Settings: Also have a look over Internet Security Settings & Firewall sometimes your Internet Security Settings block some websites.
From henceforth, there is absolutely no reason to panic whenever you encounter a dns probe finished no internet problem. Just sit back, relax and implement the steps outline above to fix dns probe finished no internet error code.